It’s that time of year again. Resolution time. Chances are, there’s one bouncing around in your head. Well, we’re two weeks in. How you doin’?
One of my favorite mantras is: “A year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.” Whoever originally said that, kudos to them. So in the spirit of not giving up, of starting now, and of Living Loose, here I am with my take on 5 New Year’s Resolutions That Tea Will Help With.
Lose Weight/Exercise More – Green tea’s your go-to!
– Looking to lose a few? Green tea naturally increases your metabolism and helps speed up how your body breaks down and uses fat.
– Going for those 10,000 steps? Tea hydrates. Toss a pitcher of iced tea in your fridge, so you can hydrate before and after the gym. Healthy & Refreshing.
Eat Healthy – Means drinking healthy too. With tea, there’s no sugar, no calories, no sodium, no carbs. Just health benefits.
– Replace one 150 calorie drink with zero calorie tea every day for a year, and you’ll kick over 54,000 calories (aka 15 pounds)
– Replace one sugary drink (avg 46g sugar) with sugar free tea every day for a year, and you’ll kick over 40 pounds of sugar from your diet
– Replace on medium soft drink with tea every day for a year, and you’ll eliminate 6,935mg of sodium from your diet
Spend Less, Save More. – Tea can save your wallet.
Loose Life tea = $.30 per cup.
Fancy cafe coffee = $4.
Make the switch to tea every day for a year? Yep, you just saved over $1,300.
Give Back – We’ve all got something (time, talent, etc) that we can give.
Including us at Tiesta Tea. Through our Loose Change initiative, we partner with 4 non-profits throughout the year. With every cup of tea, you’re helping give back!
Spend More Time With Family/Loved Ones – This one is my favorite.
– Invite them over for a cup! It’s a perfect excuse to get comfy and chat.
– Make tea an after school routine in place of (or alongside) an after-school snack.
Got a kiddo out of the nest? Have a mug ready when they come home. This is my favorite way to catch up with my parents (shout out to Burl and Christy!).
– “Let’s grab tea sometime!” Since when did “grabbing a coffee” become code for a not-too-intimidating first date? Offering to grab tea shows more of your personality and gives you an excuse for that I-don’t-know-if-this-is-a-date date.
– Take someone tea when they’re sick. Personal example: my bf came down with a cold and wasn’t feeling up for a date. So, I brought over my tea and brewmaster. We were still able to spend time together while brewing and while sipping our tea on the couch.
So, pick one, pick all five, or create your own. Part of Living Loose is being the best version of yourself you can be. And tea can help.
Cheers To Living Loose In 2016,