- 1.5 tbsp Blueberry Wild Child
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Brew 1.5 Tbsp Blueberry Wild Child in 1/2 c water
- Beat sugar, eggs, melted butter, yogurt, lemon zest.
- Mix in brewed tea, flour, salt, baking powder, soda, blueberries.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan & bake at 350 for 30-35 min
- Spread on Blueberry Wild Child icing
- Icing: 3 tbsp brewed Blueberry Wild Child + 1 tub of cream cheese icing
Here’s a story. Once upon a day, I wanted a dessert that would be fruity, sweet, light and refreshing. First, my thoughts went to the classic lemon bar. Been there, done that. What goes well with lemon? Blueberries! I love going wild in the kitchen and with dessert. So (naturally) next thought: Blueberry Wild Child Lemon Cake!
Tea comes first. Brew up your Blueberry Wild Child extra strong. 1.5Tbsp in ½ cup water. While that’s steeping, grab the rest of your ingredients and take care of prep step #2. Set aside 2 -3 Tbsp tea for the icing later. Well, you could set it aside. But, I suggest going ahead and stirring it into your tub of cream cheese icing now. One less thing to do later. Next up, take the rest of your ½ cup tea (sans those tablespoons) and mix it and the rest of the ingredient gang together. Grease up that 8×8 pan. Pour batter. Bake. Dance around for 30-35 minutes. Grab your wild child cake out. With pot holders of course. Let cool. Add as much icing as your heart desires. Only one step left. Go wild eating it!
Plates and forks: optional. A childlike love for dessert: required.